Once you've achieved your beautiful new smile with the help of Orthodontic Gallery, it's important to protect your results. After any orthodontic treatment, the teeth tend to want to drift back to their old position. As a solution, our patients wear Retainers after the braces come off to keep straight teeth firmly in place.
Why do I need to wear a Retainer?
- Protect your smile - Once your orthodontic treatment is complete, you don't want your valuable time and money to go to waste. Wearing a Retainer after your treatment will ensure your teeth don’t move from their new and improved position.
- Breathe easy - Your Retainer can do more than just keep your teeth straight. If you need help with snoring or your breathing at night time, there are special kinds of Retainers available that can improve breathing.
- Improve dental health - Crooked or crowded teeth are difficult to clean. Your Retainer keeps your teeth straight so they are easy to brush, which in turn keeps plaque, cavities, and tooth decay at bay.
What types of Retainers are available?
Orthodontic Gallery offers a range of Retainers to help keep your smile straight. Your orthodontist will discuss your options with you.
- Bonded Retainers - Fixed to the inside of the teeth, bonded Retainers protect teeth while remaining hidden. Patients prefer permanent bonded Retainers as they don’t have to think about removing them and putting them back in again. Bonded Retainers require careful cleaning to dislodge plaque and food debris.
- Vacuum-formed Retainers - These Retainers take the form of clear plastic aligners that have to be taken out for eating or drinking. They may need to be worn for a few hours each day or overnight.
- Wire (Hawley) Retainers - Wire Retainers, or Hawley Retainers, consist of a plastic part that fits over the palate behind the upper teeth, along with a thin metal wire that covers the front teeth. They’re typically worn after the discontinuation of of bonded or vacuum-formed Retainers.
How much do retainers cost?
The cost of a Retainer following your orthodontic treatment depends on your individual case. At Orthodontic Gallery, you can benefit from affordable prices from renowned orthodontist Dr. Arash Naseri, along with interest free credit and long repayment plans to help you spread the cost.
Do you want to discuss your available options for perfecting your smile? There is a £40 consultation charge, which is deductible from the cost of any future treatments you undertake.